Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 47 - The Plan of Salvation

Yesterday, after a great day with my family, I got home and turned on the news. It was then that I learned of a terrible accident that had occurred with a family in my ward. While traveling to Thanksgiving dinner, their car was struck by a semi. The father and one of his daughters were killed and the rest of the family were seriously injured.

I couldn't believe it. My heart ached for the family. I was up most of the night thinking about it. I felt guilty that I had had such a good day while others were suffering so. I wondered how such a thing could be endured by those who were left behind. I concluded that it couldn't, if it wasn't for one thing - the plan of salvation.

Because a couple of members of my family have passed away during the last month or so, I've spent a lot of time thinking about this plan. It is such a blessing to know that this life is not all we have. We know where from where we came, know that there is a purpose for being here on earth, and know that there is much more after this life and there we can be reunited with our loved ones.

This knowledge helps us endure hard things and it helps us keep going.

No comments: