Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 22 - A Little Behind

I'm a little behind, having missed yesterday. It's not that there was nothing to be thankful for. Yesterday I left church early in order to attend another sacrament meeting. When I got in the car there was a message from my mom letting me know that my Grandma Keddington wasn't doing very well an wasn't expected to make it through the night. I headed to Bountiful with my family and haven't made it back home yet.

During the last two days I've had many thoughts running through my mind. I've been reminded how much we are loved and what a beautiful thing Heavenly Father's plan is. I'm so thankful for the things I know to be true, that this life is not the end but only a preparation for what's next.

As my sweet Grandma struggles and waits during her final few hours on this earth, I'm thankful for the knowledge that Grandpa and others who have gone on before are there, waiting for her.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

That is so hard- I'm sorry to hear that- it is such a blessing to know what we do- and I can't think of a greater blessing than eternal families- I know Heavenly Father is with your family but I also know its still hard to experience someone you love passing on- our prayers are with you and your family