Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 33 - Catching a Break

Today was not the best day. There are a lot of reasons why this may have been the case but none of them really matter.

After getting pulled over on my way home from work and being issued two tickets (It seems that in July, not the best month for me, my car expired. It also seems that I didn't change my address with the DMV the last time I moved), I broke down. I think the words "you've got to be kidding me", and "can't I catch a break?" actually came out of my mouth.

I was lovingly reminded that I had caught a break. Because it had been more than 90 days, my car could have been impounded and it wasn't. Other things could have happened, but they didn't. And while the last few months have not been my favorite, worse things could have happened.

So tonight, I'm thankful for those times when I'm reminded that I'm not alone, that I need to be more grateful, and that there have been several times in my life when I have indeed caught a break.

No comments: