Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 37 - One Beautiful View

I had to run to West Jordan today after work. While I was driving home I was thankful for exactly the same thing I was thankful for this morning - the beautiful mountains.

I love the mountains. I always have. We used to camp all the time when I was younger and while now, we seem to only manage one or two camping trips a year, I still love it. I think I sleep better in the mountains, on the hard ground, than anywhere else.

Sometimes, as a family, we would go up the canyon just to have dinner. I still love long drives in the mountains. I love to hike, sit by a lake, and watch the animals. For me, there is a feeling of peace and closeness with Deity in the mountains that is different than other places.

I am thankful for the beauty that surrounds me. I'm thankful to drive to work every morning up University Parkway with the mountains right in front of me. I'm thankful to live so close to them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to smile as I read about our drives in the mountains. As I recall, when you were very young you used to be quite concerned at the lack of traffic on mountain roads. You saild something like, "Are you sure this is safe Dad? There are no other cars on this road." Glad you got used to the solitude.
Love,
Mom

Meghann said...

This truly is a blessing and something I have missed very much since moving away.

Christy said...

You're right, mom. I thought of that while I was posting. If I remember right, I wasn't such a fan of dirt roads either.