Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 25 - Philosophy

My current class is a philosophy class. I spent the better part of the evening reading about ideas from different philosophers. Some of it was very fascinating. Some of it was a little ridiculous. But all of it made me very thankful for what I know to be true.

I'm so thankful to know with surety from where I came. I'm thankful to know that I have a loving Father in Heaven and that I am His daughter. That knowledge helps me during those times when I feel alone or when things are hard. It also brings me much joy and peace.

I'm thankful to know that I am a part of something bigger, that this life is not the end, and if I work hard here, making the necessary course corrections, not only will I be welcomed into the arms of those loved ones who have gone on before, but also into the arms of the Savior. This also brings me much peace and joy.

No comments: