Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 46 - So Much to be Thankful For

This morning I woke up early but I had a lot on my mind so I stayed in bed a little longer than usual. The holiday season tends to be a little difficult for me, something that I can't quite explain. It takes a conscious effort on my part to be happy during this time of year. I realize it shouldn't, but it does. So, this morning when I woke up, and those feelings of disappointment started creeping in, I started thinking of all the ways I had been blessed.

Last night before bed I read a fantastic talk by Elder Holland about the Savior. The timing for reading that talk was perfect. I was reminded that He, more than anyone else, knows how I feel. He knows me. He knows the desires of my heart. He knows my struggles and He knows what causes me joy. I am so thankful for Him and for all of the many blessings that are a part of my life because of Him.

I'm thankful for my sweet family. There is such strength in my life that comes from them. Their support for me is constant. They are the ones with whom I laugh and cry. I wish we could all be together today.

The gospel has been such a blessing in my life. Striving to live the teachings I know to be true and constantly needing to make corrections has made my life what it is. I have so far to go and so much to learn but the journey brings me joy.

I'm thankful that I've been able to teach gospel doctrine the last few years. It still makes me so nervous and I struggle with understanding things sometimes, but my love of the scriptures has increased in a way I didn't think possible. I have found strength and peace while studying that I desperately needed.

I love the temple and am so thankful for the time I've spent there the last six months. It has provided a place for answers, instruction, and for peace as well as a place where I have felt encircled in His arms.

I'm thankful for good friends. Some of you I have know all of my life, while others I have known for just a short time. Each of you has made a difference in my life.

My job is another thing I have to be thankful for. My income is sufficient to provide me with the things that I need. My job has provided me with opportunities that I wouldn't have had otherwise. I am a better person as a result of those opportunities.

I'm thankful to work with great people. They make me laugh and help me not to take things too seriously. They put up with a lot from me and I'm thankful that some have the courage to let me know when I need a time out.

I'm thankful to live where I do. My little house is perfect for me. I have great neighbors who look out for me and sweet friends here who I would have missed out on if I didn't live in American Fork.

I could go on and on. My life is richly blessed and I know that all I have comes from a Father who loves me. I'm thankful that He listens, that He loves me, and that He sees the whole picture.

No comments: