Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 30 - Visiting Teaching

Today, right after work I went visiting teaching. I'm not a very good visiting teacher and I seem to be constantly resolving to be better. I especially stink at it when things get hard in my life, which is the time when I should be better at it. Service seems to make things less hard in our lives. Someday I'll figure that out.

Anyway, I went today and, just like always, I loved it.

After, my visiting teachers came. It's such a blessing to have them in my home. We could talk for hours. I love the spirit they bring into my home and I especially love that come because they want to, not because they have to.

Sister Thompson in the last General Women's Conference made this statement, "Because we follow the example of and teachings of Jesus Christ, we value this sacred assignment to love, know, serve, understand, teach, and minister in His behalf."

My visiting teachers do this - minister in His behalf - and I am thankful for them.

No comments: