Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 38 - Faith

Last night I was reading through some conferences talks from April of last year. Two right in a row were about faith, something I've been thinking about a lot lately. Elder Pino made this observation in his talk, "Living the gospel does not mean that we will everlastingly escape adversity. Rather, it means that we will be prepared to face and endure adversity more confidently."

I don't know how confident I am at facing adversity. I really don't like it. But here's something I do know - Heavenly Father always takes care of me and I am always better as a result of that adversity. While I frequently wonder if I have the faith necessary, when I really think about it, I trust Him. My actions don't indicate that sometimes. I'm good at feeling sorry for myself. But the bottom line is that I trust Him.

Elder Christofferson in that same conference said that "He will sustain you as you work and watch. In His own time and way He will stretch forth His hand to you, saying, 'Here am I'."

I'm thankful to know that is true.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I am grateful for that knowledge too- I was watching a mormon message yesterday on being thankful- Elder Oaks was saying that we need to thank God in all things- including thanking Him for our trials here on Earth. I had forgotten about that- its a hard thing to do- especially when you're going through it- to remember to be grateful even for that- but the Lord is always just trying to help us.