Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 32 - Good Friends

Tonight I got together with a few of my supervisors, past and present. We were missing a bunch of them and I honestly wish all could have been there. We went bowling and had dinner and it was so fun to catch up.

You'll be happy to know that I am the worst bowler of them all. However, each game got progressively better.

I was thinking as I was driving home late tonight that by next summer just about all of them will be married. It's strange to think that not too long ago some had just come home from missions, some were finishing up school, and some were trying to figure out life. Now they are husbands and wives, moms and dads, and college graduates. Basically, they're all grown up!

I rely heavily on my supervisors. Some of them worked for me during incredibly tough times, while others were there when we experienced our best year ever. All are my friends. They are the group who, more than anyone else, have experienced my good as well as my bad. They've seen me frustrated, angry, hurt, happy, excited, silly, and exhausted. They've put up with my short fuse, worked long hours by my side, and accomplished things no one thought they could.

I admire, love, and respect them and I am better because of my association with them.

4 comments:

Meghann said...

I am jealous of you. I miss them and they truly are amazing people.

The Mecham Family said...

WOW! I had lots of posts to catch up on!! I really enjoyed reading the last 32 posts and hearing about your life. I miss having you in the ward and working together in YW!

Jonesy said...

Looks like so much fun! You are all truly are the cream of the crop!

Christy said...

Meghann - we did have a pretty amazing group of supervisors, didn't we.

Kendra - I miss being on the ward. I think about you guys all the time!

Monica - You are included in that "cream of the crop". Sorry you couldn't be there.