Monday, October 11, 2010

Day Two - Long Walks

Today I went for a walk up Provo Canyon. I love that walk!

I was thinking back a couple of years when I decided that specific things in my life needed to change and I started walking at night. I would walk really late, after it was dark, so that no one could see me. This was not the smartest choice, but I was embarrassed.

Those walks strengthened me physically, but also emotionally. For more than an hour every day, I had time with just me. During those walks I took specific inventory of my life. I realized several things about my life that needed to be changed. Somehow on those walks I found the courage to begin to make those changes.

So, two years later, I still love to walk. While I am and probably always will be an emotional eater, I know the choices I need to make to be healthy. Now, I can do that walk that used to take me an hour and twenty minutes in about 45. While this year has not been my finest as far as a consistent exercise pattern, hopefully I'm back on track.

Today, on day two, I'm thankful for long walks and I thankful that those walks continue to help me be better.

2 comments:

Jonesy said...

{Love} You are marvelous! And I am grateful for you!

Honestly- I think about you almost everyday, wondering how you are doing. I heard from Kevin that you and the supervising staff rotated shops with Orem Parkway....!!! What huge changes!

{Thinking of you often}

Christy said...

Oh, friend, how I miss you!!! And you are someone for whom I am grateful.

We did change spots. This summer was certainly full of unexpected changes for me.

Hope you are doing well. Come and visit us!