Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day Seven - A Clean House

Today I'm thankful for a clean house. I love a clean house! I love falling asleep knowing the house is clean and I love waking up in the morning and remembering that it's clean. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it's nice when things are put a way.

Well, today, I spent the whole day cleaning. I folded laundry that hadn't been folded in I don't know how long, I cleaned out cupboards, reorganized books and music, cleaned out a couple of closets, dusted, washed dishes (just like the pioneers), changed the sheets on the bed, vacuumed, and scrubbed. And at this very moment, every article of clothing I have is clean and put away. I still have one room to clean, really clean, but that will have to wait for another day.

I've noticed that the level of cleanliness in my home directly correlates to my emotional state of mind. I've also noticed that when I keep my house clean, in spite of my emotional state, I feel much better about life.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Me too! I love a clean house! The whole world seems lighter when the house is clean!

I am loving these thankful posts--it is really helping me to be more thankful--so today I am thankful for you, and the blessing you are in our family!

Love you bunches!!

Christy said...

Manda, It's been fun to see Joe but I wish you and the boys were here as well! I miss you guys. You are a blessing in my life, as well. I pray every day that your house will sell quickly and that you can come home! Love you all!!!