Friday, January 30, 2009

Haden and I got to hang out yesterday morning. He's 8 months old now and he's getting so big and is so much fun. He makes a terrible mess when he's fed baby food and I'm not very good at actually getting the food in his mouth.

Well, yesterday, after a whole jar, I thought I'd mastered it. Almost all the food got where it was supposed to and we were both relatively clean. I was pretty proud of myself. Then came lunch.

He was eating mixed vegetables, which smell awful! We were having such a good time and were about halfway through the jar. I put the spoon full of tasty veggies in his mouth and he sneezed!

Baby food went everywhere. It was all over my face. I think I gasped. This, plus the mere sight of my orange mush covered face, caused Haden to laugh.

Kids are so great. They remind me of what's really important and tend to make me forget about those little things that I stress so much about. While I wish I had my own, the next best thing is being an aunt. I can't imagine loving these 6 nephews (almost) and 3 nieces more than I do. They bring me absolute happiness!

1 comment:

Jonesy said...

I can only imagine the look on your face!