Sunday, January 25, 2009

An Incredible Strength

I've been thinking a lot about my family lately. Maybe it's because my sister and her kids have been here and I've been so aware of those members of our family who have not. It's been so long since we've all been together and I can't imagine that it will happen any time soon. We manage to come close, but somehow, we're always missing at least one of us.

Being single and not having a family of my own is without a doubt the hardest thing about my life. Sometimes coming home one more night to an empty house seems almost too much. But I know I'm not ever alone. I have an amazing family, whose strength I always feel. There are even times lately when I feel the strength of those members of my family who have passed on.

It's somewhat amazing to me how it actually works - how that power that binds us together allows us to feel strengthened and uplifted when miles or even a veil separates us. But it works. And I'm glad it does.

1 comment:

Jonesy said...

Well said my friend, well said.