Saturday, January 17, 2009

My sister, Jaime, thought it would be fun to take Audrey and Spencer to a BYU men's volleyball game. The game was this evening and based on the attitudes of some on the way to the game, I was worried that we wouldn't have a good time. Boy, was I wrong.

We got there entirely too early, but we wanted to make sure we had good seats, and we did. A weird thing - the concession stand didn't open when the doors did. We went back three times to get food, because they kept telling us 5 more minutes. Then they didn't really have what we ordered. They refunded our money and I went across the street to get a sandwich for my sister and me. However, we couldn't take food from outside in. That was a little frustrating since it was their fault we had to go get food elsewhere. Once the food dilemma was solved, the rest of the evening was a blast.

Every second of the game was exciting. The kids cheered and clapped. Audrey danced and entertained just about everyone in the arena whenever there was a time out. I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat the whole game. We all did a lot of yelling as we cheered on our team. I'm sure that's why they won.

Maybe we'll go to another one next week...

2 comments:

Jonesy said...

I really want to go now! Now the issue is working it in between work and school...

Christy said...

We'll make it happen. Too bad the next game is on Thursday night when we're both closing.