Tuesday, February 3, 2009

School

A couple of weeks ago I decided it would be a good idea to go back to school and finish my degree. At this point I have so many credits - about 90 I think. However, I have taken no generals.

When I attended the U right out of high school, I was majoring in music. The program was designed so that it was just about impossible to take anything but music classes the first two years. I think it was designed to weed out those who weren't serious.

After my mission, I took a couple of Spanish classes before we moved to Utah County. Since then I've taken business classes, a bunch of them, but never any generals. I'd have a degree in business and music if only...

Anyway, I finally decided it was time to finish. I found myself in a position where I suddenly had more free time than I knew what to do with. School seemed like a good thing to fill that time.

The classes are online. I only take one at a time and each class is 5 weeks. For me this translates to "I can do anything for only 5 weeks. Even Biology!"

I'll admit to being a little nervous. But I'm also excited for a new adventure.

3 comments:

Jonesy said...

Despite the challenge of them... uh... losing your records! You push forward and finish those generals!

Keddington Chronicles said...

You'll do great!!! Furthering education is the BEST thing to do with your time and money I've decided! :) Best of luck!!! We'll have study sessions if you would like!!! Where are you doing your classes?
-Angela-

Christy said...

Same place I did them before, Ashford University. We may have to have study sessions. It's been a long time since I took a science or math class. I may need some help :)