Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Symphony

For Christmas this year a friend bought me tickets to the symphony. I haven't been in 15 years, a fact that surprises even myself since I love it so much. Tonight was the concert.

I wish I could remember how old I was the first time I was in that grand hall. I couldn't have been too old. I remember being giddy with excitement as the members of the orchestra were warming up because I couldn't wait for them to begin.

The last time I was there, I was a music major at the "U". I was sitting in the very back, analyzing the piece that was being performed. Nothing kills a good symphony like having to dissect it for a class and I can honestly say that I did not enjoy myself.

However, tonight was amazing. I felt like I had come home. I couldn't wait for the performance to begin and I'll admit to being disappointed when it ended. The final number was emotional, exciting, and energizing. I loved every minute of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very good writer - did anyone ever tell you that?

Christy said...

Thanks, Joe. You're kind.