Monday, January 26, 2009

When Jaime and the kids were staying at my house, they brought their Wii. For the first time, I tried yoga. I did it for about three minutes and couldn't believe how sore I was the next morning. I decided yoga would be a good part of my physical activities for the week.

After deciding I could never justify buying a Wii for myself, although I still really want one, I found a cheep yoga mat with a beginning workout DVD. I tried it out tonight.

I'll admit that some giggling was involved and I kept checking to make sure the blinds were really closed. I don't believe it was really beginning yoga. What beginner can move their legs in those positions? Seriously!

It was a lot of fun and I felt taller after I did it. I think if I keep it up I could actually be 5 foot 4 by the end of February!

3 comments:

Jonesy said...

I can picture you all streched out and giggling! Hey, laughter burns calories, you should do it more often :)

I'd be interested to hear continual reports on your height increasing!

Christy said...

I really should laugh more! I'll be sure to keep you posted on my height increase. :)

Lizzie's Emporium said...

Christy, this is a VERY funny post. What a hoot, I have also tried yoga and I agree that beginning is not so! I now go to the gym and use the eliptical-much easier! I really enjoyed your post about your family and also the post about the furnace of affliction, you are definitely your parents daughter!!

P.S. Buy a Wii-you don't need to justify anything - enjoy it!!!

This is Debbie Gillette!