Sunday, January 4, 2009

My best friend is a guy. We've been friends for a couple of years, but really good friends for just over a year. He's the first person I talk to in the morning and last one before I go to bed. He knows me better than anyone else does, possibly better than anyone ever has. He came into my life when I desperately needed a friend. I am better, so much better, because of our association.

He recently told me about this great girl he met. You can tell by the way he talks about her that he's smitten and I'm happy for him. It was bound to happen eventually. I secretly hoped I would be the first to meet someone. I figured he would survive better without me than I would without him.

I've found myself the last few days not knowing exactly what to do. Even though we've lived in different states, a large chunk of my days have been spent with him in one form or another. Today I was thinking about all the things I'll miss. Here are just a few:
  • Late night and early morning phone calls. Can I wake up to anything but his ring tone?
  • Baseball games. I was just starting to figure them out (sort of). What will I do this season?
  • Youtube videos
  • Songs on playlist
  • Sunday mornings when he would call to make sure I was ready for my lesson. When I'd tell him that I wasn't, we'd always talk it through and he'd assure me that all would be well.
  • Bad days at work. No, I won't actually miss the bad days. Just the fact that I could always call and he understood.
  • Lots of laughing.
  • Nicknames.
  • Deep discussions.
  • Any type of sporting event - especially BYU football.
  • Making me feel like I could do anything.
I want nothing but happiness for him. It's about his turn.

Just don't forget me, okay?

1 comment: