Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Things Are Lookin' Up...

Things have been crazy the last couple of weeks. Christmas feels like it was a year ago. Hard to believe that two weeks ago we were celebrating the fact that we only had one more shopping day in our holiday craziness.

For what ever reason, Christmas was hard for me this year. I missed, terribly, the members of my family who were far away and felt an overwhelming sense of loneliness that I just couldn't shake.

I'm not sure how people handle hard times without amazing parents and siblings, a knowledge of who they are, and an absolute certainty of to whom they turn when help is needed that is beyond mortal capacity. For me, having all of those things has resulted in three pretty great days.

I can say honestly that I feel an incredible amount of joy. I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. I've learned so many great things as I've studied this week. Work has been great. The people there have been so much fun. They probably always have been. It was I who needed to change.

I know that there will be hard days ahead. Probably a lot of them. However, I hope this feeling, which is just as overwhelming as my loneliness was last week, stays for a long time. I like it!

No comments: