Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Princess Party

Jaime and her kids are here visiting from Arizona. We've had some fun adventures. I've been introduced to Wii Fit (still sore from boxing and yoga), I'm beginning to understand Isaac's language, have been to Walmart more times than I care to count, caught a cold from Audrey, and Jaime and I had one heck of a time the other evening clean up after two children tossed their cookies all over the bathroom.

One fun activity occurred spontaneously when Brigham (Spencer) got to go play with the cousins and Audrey did not. Aunt Dre had a great idea. We would have a Princess Party.

We went through mom and dad's closets looking for "princess" dresses for all of us. There were some interesting challenges, the least of which was that Jaime is 7 months pregnant. However, as you can see from the pictures, we all managed to find something. All the princesses danced and we even found a fur coat for Prince Isaac to wear so that he could come and dance with the girls.

Our party was short lived as Dre convinced Audrey that it was just a practice party and the real one would come later. We changed out of our beautiful gowns because real princesses wouldn't eat pizza and play with the Wii dressed like we were. Right?

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Hi Christy,

I know you don't know me, but I have been searching for a dear friend I had in school who happens to be your sister; Dre. I have been reading through your blog and I just have to tell you what an amazing woman I think you are. You have overcome a lot and seem to be a very positive and fun person. You're experiences are very inspiring, so I hope you don't mind me viewing your blog. :) I would love to get in touch with Dre, but I'm not sure how to do it. If there is any way that you could get me her email address, or a blog site, or anything I would love it. She meant the world to me.

Thanks,
Jill Roberts Strasburg