Monday, February 23, 2009

I was reading the blog tonight of a couple with whom I attended high school. They found out right before the birth of their last child that she had a brain tumor. She delivered the baby early and they proceeded to see what they could do. Today the got word that nothing was really helping. He spent the day consoling his wife as she made mention of the fact that she didn't think she was ready to die.

I moan and groan about my life all the time. Things are too hard or not fun. Someone hurt my feelings. It's hard to be single. Work is a burden. Life's hard. But really, I have it pretty easy. I'm not in a position where I'm trying to figure out what to do without my spouse, or wondering who will take care of my young family when I'm not there to do it anymore.

I wonder a lot why some people have to go through such hard things and others don't really seem to. I know it's all part of Heavenly Father's plan. It's all part of the process that leads us closer to Him so that we can ultimately make it back. I don't like to watch people I care about go through hard things. I suppose, though, that neither did our Father in Heaven as He watched the suffering of His Son. But He did it. He did it so we'd have a way back home to Him. For His sacrifice, I'm grateful.

No comments: