Sunday, February 22, 2009

Honesty

I was talking to a man last night who asked me what I was looking for in a companion. Without hesitation I told him that he had to be honest - completely honest - with me. He said it sounded like I'd had a little experience with this and he asked for some examples. I gave him some big ones - like seriously dating a guy who failed to mention that he was engaged to someone else, but then I also told him that it makes me crazy when people don't do what they say they will. He questioned whether or not that really had to do with honesty.

Seriously? Are you kidding me? It has everything to do with honesty! I was reading an Orson Scott Card article this afternoon which validated my point. The little things have everything to do with honesty.

The article also made me realize that if he's not doing the things he said he'd do, it's because he really doesn't care. Another important thing to be honest about.

No comments: