Tuesday, June 24, 2008

People Who Make a Difference

I was in the backroom at work today and walked out into an area where a class was being taught. There was only one person in attendance and it happened to be the lady who was my young women's president when I was a Laurel. It was so good to see her and to spend a few minutes catching up.

Cathy was one who made a difference in my life. I wondered today after she left if she really knew that.

Driving home this afternoon I thought about many of the people who have made such an impact on me: a teacher who taught me the value of believing in me; young women leaders who sat up late one night during youth conference answering gospel questions; a boss who, by example, showed the importance of loving those you serve; one who will always call me her visiting teacher; people I've worked with; sweet relief society sisters in every area I've lived; young women in Mapleton; amazing people in Chile; my brothers and sisters, their spouses and their kids; goodly parents; a dear friend, and countless others whose paths I have crossed throughout my life.

I will never be able to adequately thank you!

No comments: