Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Father's Day

While this is a little late, (not because I forgot, but because of technical difficulties) I wanted to pay tribute to my dad. He is the finest man I know.

He is a principal at an elementary school and as you can see from this picture, he really enjoys what he does. He loves his students and his staff. (Too bad you can't see the SpongeBob SquarePants tie he has on.)

When I was younger we always had an old car. It seemed to break down all the time. Dad and I would go to the library, find a book that would tell us how and what part we needed to make the repair and we'd spend all day working on it. It wasn't until I was in college that I knew you could take your car and have someone else change the oil for you.

Dad reads stories like no one else I've ever heard. Even though all of us are adults, we still love to sit at his feet and listen as he reads.

My Dad loves unconditionally and wants nothing more than the happiness of those around him. He is absolutely committed to doing the best he can. While he has faults, as he would be the first to admit, he works hard, trying daily to be a little better than the day before. I admire him, love him, and hope to be like him.

No comments: