Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Running

A couple of months ago my sister, Dre, and I were having a conversation that had something to do with exercise. Somehow, by the end, she had convinced me that I should run a race with her sometime next spring - something I've never done before.

I thought about this for quite a while. Although I have spend more time exercising the last eight months than at any other time in my long life, I was too chicken to run where people could actually see me. So I bought a treadmill.

We've become pretty attached. I look forward to it every day. When things are tough at work, I think of going home to run (okay, maybe I'm just walking fast). It's great for stress. I think I sleep better and have more energy.

I know to do the 5K in the spring I have to actually be able to run faster than a 30 minute mile :), but I sure am looking forward to it.

7 comments:

Keddington Chronicles said...

Exercise is THE BEST stress reliever. I need to jump back on the bandwagon. I really miss it when I'm super busy and can't do it as much as I like. Maybe?????? I'll run that race with you guys????? I'll have to think about it. Love exercise, but haven't done much with just running.

Christy said...

You should run the race with us!!!!! I think it's in March. We'll have to ask Dre. Would anyone else like to join us?

jalytaylor said...

Count me in. I'll run with Bruno on my back, or front. Whichever it may be. (Would that give you a chuckle, or what?!)

Christy said...

SWEEEEET!!! I figured you'd want to join us. The image of that made me laugh out loud! :)

Anonymous said...

You people are AMAZING!! I was just wondering if there's any type of organized competition for doing pushups on an exercise ball. Jaime, I guess your's is built in right now. (Can you hear me wheezing?)

Christy said...

Mom, you're so funny! That made me laugh!

A day in life of the Pritchetts said...

You should go for it for sure. I always thought I hated exercise, and when my husband suggested we train for a marathon together I told him I couldn't think of anything worse. But I came around, and started exercising. And little by little, we were able to run a full 26.2 miles last fall. And let me just tell you how exhilerating it is to complete something you never thought possible. Keep it up. You'll be so proud of yourself.