Friday, December 26, 2008

2008 - A Year Full of Things I'd Never Done Before

I can't believe 2008 is almost over. Time seems to pass so quickly. This has been a year of discovery for me. I grew up a lot this year, discovered interests I didn't think I had, and came to know myself a lot better. I wish I had fun pictures of all of the events listed below, but I don't. I'll be better about that next year - maybe.
  • Lost 65 pounds!!!
  • Hiked up to the Y.
  • Went to Lake Tahoe, one of the prettiest places I've ever been.
  • Went RUNNING and liked it!!!
  • Lived in two different places. Haven't done that since my mission.
  • Didn't miss one day of scripture reading.
  • Spent time in Ft. Huachuca, Arizona. While I had been there before, it was never for any length of time.
  • Taught Gospel Doctrine.
  • Visited some great Church History sites in Salt Lake. I can't believe I grew up there and had never been to some of those places.
  • Saw the Hoover Dam. We didn't mean to, but we did.
  • Experienced 120 degree weather.
  • Crashed into a snow bank.
  • Rock climbed.
  • Watched a full day of football.
  • Watched a baseball game, actually quite a few, all the way through and can't wait for next season to start!
  • Had church at 2 in the afternoon. Seriously, who has church that late when there are only 3 wards in your building?
Can't wait to see what 2009 will bring!

6 comments:

Matthew Hansen said...

You know what, you are an amazing person.

Christy said...

Thanks, Matt. So are you.

Jonesy said...

AMAZING!!! I truly admire you, and an very grateful for your wonderful example.

Christy said...

You're great, Monica. Thanks!

Joseph said...

What an amazing blog! I really enjoy seeing this part of you, Christy!

Christy said...

Thanks, Joe!