Sunday, December 21, 2008

Be Near Me, Lord Jesus

I'm sitting in my living room, Christmas tree lights on, candles lit, and the only sound is the ticking of the clock. I think this room, just like it is, has to be my favorite in my house. It lends itself to pensive moments, quiet study, and an occasional nap.

This is the first day all season where my thoughts have been full of the blessings of the Savior. Not something I'm proud of. I too easily get caught up in the chaos. But today I was reminded of why we celebrate this time of year.

The fact is, the birth of the Savior was only the beginning of several events that would affect all of us. His sacrifice made it possible for us to be with him forever. He loves us and is with us. President Kimball said that "the Lord stands knocking. He never retreats....If we ever move apart, it is we who move and not the Lord." Interesting thing to realize. How many times have I moved apart?

"Be near me, Lord Jesus. I ask thee to stay close by me, forever, and love me, I pray."

1 comment:

Matthew Hansen said...

One of the sweetest lines in the world.