Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Christmas Tree

Last year was the first year I actually put up a Christmas tree. I avoided it for oh so long for many reasons - none of them good. One reason was that working in retail killed the holiday season for me. I thought that the last thing I wanted when I got home from work was another reminder of why I was so tired and crabby. However, I've discovered that decorating my home for Christmas brings an element of peace and joy that my holiday season has been lacking all these years.

Now I love the feeling of reading by the light of the Christmas tree in the mornings with the fire going. I love coming home at night and turning on the tree lights and the fireplace and enjoying the peace.

Now if only I could find a man to enjoy it with me... :)

9 comments:

Jonesy said...

I just love you! :) You house looks cute!

Just me and my girls said...

Your tree looks great Christy.

Mindi Turner

Keddington Chronicles said...

LOVE your tree! So cute!! I also love how peaceful it looks in your living room. Thanks for having K'Lynn sing with you. We enjoyed the day a lot! -Angela-

Christy said...

Thanks you guys! You're all so nice. Thanks, Angela, for driving all the way down here yesterday. It was fun to sing with K'Lynn and I'm glad you were able to stay for dinner. Hope your test went well today.

Keddington Chronicles said...

Thanks, Christy! I got an 87, I've had better, but I've also gotten a lot worse, and the best part is-It's over!!! One more to go tomorrow, and then I'm all done-yey! :) -Angela-

Anonymous said...

I'm workin on that man part. We have a bunch of single army guys in break for te holliday. I'll see what I can do.

Joe

Christy said...

Thanks, Joe. I knew I could count on you.

Keddington Chronicles said...

Quick observation: funny how Joey signed himself annonymous, but then listed his name at the end of the post-Love ya Joe! :) -Angela-

Joseph said...

I'm your man! Ha! I didn't know that you had a blog.