Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Confession

Yesterday, I did something I've never done before - never. I watched 8 hours of college football, and I liked it. Well, most of it. (Before I continue, you must know that I didn't just sit in front of the TV for 8 hours. I folded laundry and other productive things that could be done while sitting in one spot.)

I grew up watching BYU football. There are entries in my journal when I was 7 and 8 where score of the games are recorded as well as the names and numbers of those who scored. I loved (still do) BYU football! However, it always boggled my mind that people could sit and watch a game of any sport when they didn't care who won.

Well, the last couple of weeks, I've discovered a couple of things about myself. First, I can watch a game, apparently several in a row, as long as I have a team to cheer for. I do have to have some coaching when it comes to choosing a team, and sometimes I'm laughed at when I ask the question ,"Which team do I want to win?", but I've learned that a good rule of thumb is to cheer for which ever team will help BYU to move up in the polls. Second, and this I already knew, I only like watching a team get killed if BYU is the one doing the killing. I much prefer a close game. I get bored and find myself flipping between several games at once.

I will admit that by 9:00 last night, I was somewhat dumbfounded at what I had done and had a bit of a headache. This is not a way that I will spend every Saturday, but it was fun. And who's to say that it won't happen again...

5 comments:

Matthew Hansen said...

I am laughing right now

Christy said...

Did I mention that I also watched part of a baseball game...?

Keddington Chronicles said...

WOW!!!! I'm impressed. That's more television sports than I've probably watched in my whole life (not counting the olympics)!!! Way to do some productive stuff while enjoying your football day. That's always icing on the cake. By the way, we went to Temple square tonight and met someone from the Santiago Chile Oeste mission. She said she wasn't a member when you would've been there!!! The kids thought it was neat that she was from where you went on your mission. The church is one big happy family!!! See you soon(er or later) :) -Angela-

Christy said...

Just for the record, I did take time out of my day of football to watch the General Relief Society Meeting.

Anonymous said...

Estoy feliz de haberte encontrado y de que puedas compartir tus experiencias conmigo.
1 besito :)