Tuesday, October 7, 2008

This morning I had a terrible dream. I was stuck in a major storm, unprepared and uncontrollably panicked. The dream was so real. When I woke up I was almost convinced that it had happened.

My thoughts were consumed by this dream as I drove home from work this afternoon. I just couldn't shake that feeling of panic and fear that came from being so unprepared. I wondered what aspect of my life was in a storm-like state and what I could do to fix it. The scripture in Heleman 5:12 came to mind. "And now, my sons, remember, remember that is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

General Conference this last weekend was a gentle reminder of things I need to do to make my foundation sure. I don't ever want to be in a position again (even in a dream) where I am unprepared in a storm. There are many things I need to do to ensure this doesn't happen, course corrections I need to make.

Isn't it a blessing to know that He, who is our foundation, is also the one who picks us up when we fall, carries us when we can't seem to walk anymore, and protects us from the elements as long as we are trying our hardest, doing our best, and asking for help?

3 comments:

Matthew Hansen said...

That is really cool, Christy. I like that truth and the feeling that it brings.

I also know for certainty that Christ helps us even sometimes when we aren't trying our hardest. He has compassion on the fools and sinners of the world, of which I am one of the biggest.

Christy said...

You're right, Matt, He does.

Keddington Chronicles said...

Wow! The picture on the top part of your blog is AMAZING!!!!! So pretty!
-Angela-