Friday, September 26, 2008

Where Can I Turn for Peace?

Today after work I took a drive up Provo Canyon. I needed to think as much as I needed some peace and this seemed like the place for it.

I have always loved the mountains. For some reason, there I feel a greater sense of Heavenly Father's love - almost as if the beauty was created just for me. The nature of an all powerful Father seems very apparent in the creation of such majesty, while at the same time, his gentleness is transparent.

(By the way, I realize these pictures are poor attempts to capture the changing leaves. They were taken with my cell phone out the window while driving. There might come a day when I remember my camera...)

1 comment:

Matthew Hansen said...

Good thing I hung up the phone so you could have those peaceful moments sans me!

The pictures look great and I love the mountains as well. They give me a sense of strength that is Godly.