Sunday, September 7, 2008

"Don't be afraid. It's going to be alright."

Today, like some of you, I attended a conference for all of the stakes in Utah and Wasatch Counties. President Uchtdorf's talk was amazing. As he spoke I felt the need to be personally better and to take an accurate inventory of my life and where I'm headed.

I seem to be doing this a lot lately. For the last few weeks I've taken to walking up to the temple in the evenings. The walk takes me about an hour and I wonder every time if I'll make it up the hill, but I do, and the time I've been able to spend with just my thoughts has been good for me.

My thoughts as I walk are filled with those I'm close to who might be going through difficult times, wishing always that I could make things better. Also while walking, I think way too much about work, sometimes trying to convince myself that I can indeed do it for one more day. But mostly, my thoughts turn to an evaluation of life, wondering how I got to this point, if it's where I need to be, and if I will have the courage to take the next step.

I wish I could say that these walks have helped me to figure everything out. If anything, I have more to think about. But something President Packer said today at the end of his address was exactly for me. "Don't be afraid. It's going to be alright."

1 comment:

Jonesy said...

The conference was fabulous! I love it as well. It was fun to see Pres. Packer more at ease. It seemed he was just chatting with a good friend, I felt a lot a comfort from the words that were shared, too.