Friday, October 17, 2008

A Few Long Weeks

Okay, I'll admit it. I've been incredibly stressed out lately! Those of you who work for me can attest to this. My patience has run thin, I've had a short fuse, and tolerant is not a word anyone would use to describe me.

Usually before October hits I try to take some incredibly relaxing vacation. (Okay, I never do that, but I always think about it.) This year my summer vacation was spent packing and moving, two things I don't like to do, and it certainly wasn't relaxing.

Now there are 10 weeks left in the year, 10 of the most exhausting weeks for those of us crazy enough to work in retail, and I'm already wiped out.

So next week, other than the reports and schedules I have to do on Monday, conference call on Wednesday, lunch meeting on Friday, and a Glenn Beck event on Saturday, I have the week off. Any suggestions as to what I should do during my free time?

9 comments:

Keddington Chronicles said...

I don't have any suggestions about a break or vacation, but I can share in your "stressed out" mode. Josh left today, and I am a little bitter about him going deer hunting while I have a 15 hour clinical day saturday, and a 12 hour school day Monday. I thought of doing a post on it, but I don't want to make Josh sound like anything but awesome, and I don't want to appear negative. But since you're stressed, I'll share my stress with you, maybe venting will help. The only thing making it kind of easier is that if Josh didn't go with Troy, he wouldn't have anybody to hunt with. So, maybe Clair will help me not go COMPLETELY PSYCHOTIC this week. Ahhhh, there's my scream of frustration. I'm sorry you're feeling stressed as well. Temporary insanity is not fun! :(

Christy said...

I'm sorry, Ang. You have a lot on your plate! Do you need help with the girls this weekend?

Matthew Hansen said...

I think maybe a vacation in St. Louis is in order. It always restores me.


:)

Amanda said...

Come see us--not that relaxing is anything that happens here any more--but we are fun!!!!

Christy said...

Amanda,
You are fun and I miss you guys! I need to come see you. Did I read on your blog that you're looking for a house?

Amanda said...

yep--we found one--it's bigger than the one we are in now and is a great fixer upper!! Which means it was cheap--but not so run down it's unliveable. As soon as we close I will have to post pictures--anyway--you are welcome here anytime--we would love for you to visit.

Jonesy said...

Take a pile of books, movies, food and water, and lock yourself in your room! Oh, and no answering the phone! Especially if the Caller ID says, "Deseret Book"!!!

Ben said...

Move again?

Mike and Mindy Williams said...

Hey Christy! I just found your blog! Glad to read about the latest!! Miss those good 'ol DB days--I got the catalog in the mail today and wished I wasn't so far away! Love ya! Good luck with sleep deprived and stressed out highway! :)
-Mindy