Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What I did on my Summer Vacation...

As you know from my previous post, I took a few days off last week (thanks for all the helpful suggestions as to how I could spend my time). While I think I was in my store four of the six days last week, I also did some fun things.

Wednesday morning I watched Haden while Dre put in a half day of work. When she got home around 1, we bundled Haden up, threw the stroller in the car, and headed to hike the "Y". For a humorous account of the adventure, check out Andrea's blog.

Those of you who have never done this hike before, don't be fooled by the word "EASY" that's used on the website. The only reason I could keep up with Andrea was that she was pushing the stroller straight up (not the recommended way to get a baby to the top).

The view from the top was beautiful and could possibly be the best way to view all of Utah County. I wish the camera could have captured the stunning colors of the leaves, but the sun was in the wrong place.

While Dre couldn't walk after the adventure, since she really was in a 90 degree angle the entire way up, it was fun to spend time with the two of them, and it felt good to have hiked all the way up.

Friday, I found a great little place in Pleasant Grove to hike. Again the colors were amazing and I had wished that I had gone a few weeks earlier to see the leaves. The hike only took about 45 minutes and it was so pretty!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like fun--which we were there to hike with you--I think Dre and I have the same stroller--it's not as cool as it looks--way to go making it to the top--by the way--you look great!!!!

Christy said...

Thanks, Mandy! I wish you guys would have been there too!