Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Moving Day


I am not a person who likes change. I know that shocks those who know me well. I like consistency in my life, I like things to go as planned (which they rarely do), and I like stability.

Last summer, when my brother decided to sell the home in Mapleton I was living in, he gave me the option to buy it. The house was old and needed a lot of work, but I loved the area, my ward, and I didn't even mind the commute to work. For whatever reason, though, it wasn't the right thing and I began a frantic hunt for a new place to live.

I don't know why I stress out so much about things. They always work out. Experience has taught me this. Finding a place to live last year was no exception. After a lot of looking, one of my supervisors had a sister who was moving, and when I looked at her apartment I knew it was the place for me. There were the obvious growing pains that came with living in a new ward, but soon it felt as if I had been there forever.

Then at the end of last month I got notice that I had to renew my contract or find somewhere else to live. I chose the later and began the search once again. Just like before, everything worked out. Because of some great neighbors, I have a cute little house with a nice yard on a fantastic street and I'm even still in the same ward (avoiding more change).

We moved just about everything in yesterday. My family and a few ward members were so incredibly helpful. I can't wait to get everything unpacked and be settled in.

2 comments:

A day in life of the Pritchetts said...

I'm glad it worked out so well for you. Good luck in your new place.

Keddington Chronicles said...

Christy's new place is the CUTEST HOUSE EVER!!! Perfect colors, lovely fireplace, serene backyard, and of course all of her personal touches that make it even more beautiful! Congrats on a wonderful place to call home! :)
-Angela-