Sunday, August 10, 2008

Perspective

I spent the last two days at youth conference. In a later post I'll share specifics of our activities as well as some photos. Tonight I wanted to share some personal thoughts I had during the event.

We hiked to the top of Ensign Peak. When we got there and I looked out over the Salt Lake Valley, I thought about experiences that had been shared with us earlier in the day that showed Heavenly Father's hand in leading the early saints to this spot and helping them to settle this great valley. Only He, and those with whom he chose to share, knew what the end result would be.

While thinking about this, I was reminded that Father has His hand in my life as well. He knows the end result and how I need to get there. I forget this a lot, especially while I'm right in the middle of something. I need to trust more because He always come through.

No comments: