Saturday, November 15, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy...

I had a crabby week!!! Circumstances beyond my control have made me on edge most of this week and I overreacted more than usual. I have no patience and seem to snap at everyone. Last night I watched a movie that made me mad and I let that ruin my whole night. Seriously, who gets that mad at a movie?

I know I made people feel bad. I made someone cry at work, I think the "stay clear of Christy" sign was flashed for all to see when I wasn't looking so my staff would know to beware, and one friend actually apologized for going to a movie and having fun instead of staying home and being miserable with me. This friend doesn't even live in the same state, but felt badly for having fun while I was so ornery. Sheesh, what's wrong with me?

So this morning I've been thinking about all the things that make me happy. This is not all inclusive, so please no one take offense if I don't put your pet snake on the list, and is not necessarily in any particular order.
  • Any member of our Keddington Clan - from the oldest to the youngest - all of you who have joined our family, and those who were born into it. You will never know how much joy each of you brings to my life. I love and miss all of you and look forward to the day when we can all be in a room together. Hopefully it will happen before the millennium.
  • A good friend who always tries to cheer me up, make me laugh, calm me down, and who makes me feel like I'm better than I really am. This friend has made me feel more confident than I have in years. Their actions make me want to be better.
  • All the members of my Deseret Book family. While it's true that some of you cause me an incredible amount of grief :-), it's a pleasure for me to rub shoulders with you every day. It is with you that I spend most of my time, sometimes you whom I am the hardest on, but also sometimes you are the most forgiving. I've learned much from you.
  • Knowing who I am and all that entails. This knowledge ensures that I am never alone. It strengthens my belief in the gospel, which also makes me incredibly happy, and allows me to remember that there is someone much better than I who is in charge.
  • Clean Sheets
  • Clean House
  • Quiet Sunday Mornings
  • Hiking
  • Running - even though I feel like I might die. This really does make me happy, which may shock some of you. It's a recent thing for me. I think I walk faster than I run, but it will get better, and I really feel great after. Hopefully my hips will eventually feel great after as well.
  • Movies (good movies, not ones that make me mad)
  • Christmas music - actually all kinds of music
  • A great ward
  • Fun memories
  • Reconnecting with old friends
  • Clothes that are too big!!!
  • Harold - I know he's part of DB, but seriously deserves a line all to himself.
  • Mapleton
  • Long drives
  • Days Off
  • BYU Football
  • A fun Baseball Game
The list could go on and on. I don't spend enough time thinking about these things. It's easy to dwell on things I don't have or things that make me mad. I really am blessed. And, even though my actions this week would indicate otherwise, I really am happy!

4 comments:

Matthew Hansen said...

There is only one thing that makes me happy and that is greasy pizza.


By the way, I would have felt even better if you were watching a movie with us last night.

Christy said...

Thanks, Matt! Wish that would have been an option, although I was pretty grumpy. Maybe it was better that I just went to bed early.

I forgot about the happiness that comes from greasy pizza :-)

Matthew Hansen said...

oh, you were kind of grumpy lite, last night. No biggie.

I have been way worse.

Jonesy said...

Oh I just love this new post! Clothes that are too big are the best feeling! And the more I get to know Harold, he just makes me laugh; what a hoot! Thanks for sharing your laughs :)