Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Golfing

Last night I did something I'd never done before. I went golfing. I guess maybe I can't say that I went golfing. I just went to the driving range and shared a bucket of balls with a friend. Here are the things I learned:

  • I am an impressive golfer (only somewhat more impressive than the four year old who was golfing just down from me).
  • Hitting the ball with all of your strength doesn't make go further. In some cases (okay, a lot of cases) it doesn't make it go at all.
  • It is actually possible to almost hit yourself in the face with a golf ball.
  • The shorter you are, the shorter your club should be. Mine wasn't nearly short enough.
  • Laughing at yourself is a good thing.
  • Someone else laughing at you is also a good thing.
There were a couple of times when I thought I actually hit the ball pretty far. Then I happened to look over at the couple golfing next to us and saw how incredibly far he hit the ball.

If you look closely at the impressive action shot you will see a ball about three feet in front of me. Yes, I actually hit it there. And I hit it hard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you crushed my golfing spirits with your talent that day.